Saturday, March 3, 2012

Brain Dump...Mostly Hannah



On Wednesday, I was feeding Natalie a bottle before her afternoon nap.  She grabs her burp rag that was draped over my shoulder and proceeds to play peek-a-boo by covering and rapidly uncovering my eyes, then giggling.  I was trying so hard not to laugh at her, as naptime is a very serious matter to this mommy!!  The following day, instead of playing peek-a-boo, she decided to laugh hysterically at me…she was deliriously tired!




We use Burt's Bee All Better Balm (we refer to it as “boo-boo balm”) on scrapes, cuts, bruises and chapped cheeks/noses.  We ended up having to hide them from Hannah…you see, it’s in a tube similar to chap stick and we all know what happens when we wind up the chap stick with the lid still on.  Yeah, well Hannah did this to all our tubes of boo-boo balm so when I purchased all new tubes, I hid them from her.  On Monday she found Natalie’s tube and popped of the cap, “mommy, you have boo-boo’s?” as she pulled up my pant leg.  She proceeded to put the balm on a bruise.  A moment later I realized that she was still touching up my leg with the balm, I looked down to see her rubbing it on my freckles too…hahaha.

I am so grateful for my video monitor!  Hannah has recently (well, over the past 2 to 3 weeks) declined her afternoon nap.  I continue on with our routine of rocking, reading and singing before placing her in her crib. Every. Single. Day.  In hopes that she will fall back into her old routine of actually taking a nap.  On this particular afternoon my gut was telling me to ‘check in on her’.   As I flipped on her monitor, I was so relieved I did.  I forgot to move her changing station basket out of arms reach and I caught her JUST in time before she spread lotion all over the wall and her crib, again.  I miss the days of her taking the wipes out of the warmer (also located next to her crib) and wiping down her crib!

On Tuesday, Natalie had what can only be described as a PHENOMENAL Physical Therapy session.  She was amazingly happy and super cooperative.  Typically she only lasts 45mins at best, but this particular day she did so well that her therapist and I lost track of time.  Following her PT session I still had to change her diaper, get her dressed, jacket and shoes on and last but not least…feed her a bottle.  Natalie is a slow bottle eater, very slow.  She often falls asleep sucking on a bottle because it’s that tiring for her.  Well after an hour-long intense PT session the bottle basically had to drip into her mouth and then she’d swallow what had built up.  Suffice it to say we were running late to pick up Hannah; and we hadn’t even started our trek from the ground floor of the hospital to the parking lot.  Natalie and I hightailed it out of there and hopped on 141.  I know this highway is frequently monitored for speed and I make it a point to drive the speed limit….except this particular day.  THANKFULLY a white Pathfinder on the other side of the road flashed his high beams a few times, literally seconds before I was to round the bend to a State Trooper with his radar gun pointed right at me.  Whew!!  Mr. Pathfinder, if I ever find you, I promise to give you a big kiss!!  To pay it forward, later that morning I forewarned people on Kirkwood highway about a cop up aheadJ


 Every year I snap a picture of Hannah
 posing with her daff-o-deals
The front of our house faces south so we are drenched with sun all day long.  My mom planted daffodil bulbs in our front landscaping for Hannah when she was a baby.  Her thought was that they would bloom right around Hannah’s April birthday.  Well with the mild winter we’ve had the Daffodils sprouted several weeks ago and Hannah has been watching them intently.  When the first batch had a bud, she was beyond thrilled. She would stop, every time we walked to/from the garage, to say hello and kiss the “daff-o-deals” (as she calls them).  
The 1st two to bloom~ 2012 season





















On Monday evening I took Hannah to her first Toddler Tales at our local library.   It Our first session couldn’t have been any better, the books, snacks and craft were all birthday themed…Hannah’s favorite holiday!  When storytime came to an end, Hannah and I went to pick out new books for her to take home.  The reality: She played with the other children while I chose books for her.  When storytime came to an end, Hannah and I went to pick out new books for her to take home.  Now, excuse me while I backtrack...on our drive to the library I had chugged a travel mug of coffee and drank a tall bottle of Smartwater. (yeah, you know where this is going).  By the time we wrapped up Storytime and book selection/playtime, I had to pee!!!   The main bathroom was out of order so we had to walk through the main part of the library…you know, the quiet part.  We are smack in the middle of the library and Hannah stops dead in her tracks:
Hannah~ “MOMMY, WHERE ARE WE GOING!?!”
Me~ “To use the restroom.”
Hannah~ “MOMMY, YOU HAVE TO GO POOPY??”

Hahahahahahahahaha….
Enjoying a snack & a story 

No comments:

Post a Comment