Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Brain Dump...late again


Sorry, I'm averaging a new Brain Dump post every other week instead of every week as I originally intended.  Life has been crazy hectic...attending several conferences, dinners, parties, therapy, and sprinkle it with some mommy guilt...that's the extent of my past two weeks!  Without further ado...


I know I complain that I am tired, often.  But this week I literally thought about going to the basement and putting the whites from the washer to the dryer.  When I got to the basement, I started the dryer and walked away.  As I was about to head up the steps I realized that nothing was clinking (buttons & zippers up against the metal door- I don’t want you thinking that I have some issue with my dryer).  I walked back into the laundry room to discover that I had not even taken the clothes from the washer!  At that point do you just call it a day?  Go back to bed and try again the next day?

I snatched up an opportunity of a lifetime!  Our sitter was in town a week and a half ago for spring break.  I was so grateful that she took the time to email me and ask if I needed her.  I responded with “ HA!!  HECK YEAH I need you!!”  With the unseasonably warm weather we’ve recently been blessed with, I let Elizabeth come over and entertain the girls.  I needed uninterrupted time so I could see what Hannah might still fit into from last summer and sifting through Hannah’s baby clothes to see what will work for Natalie.  It’s a double edge sword…it’s amazing diligently I can work when I’m not constantly interrupted, yet it’s amazing how fast I can burn through 2hours alone!  I highly recommend this for all moms.  Hire a sitter and give yourself two or three hours, it was one the best gifts I could give myself….aside from a day at the spa, but then I would have just felt guiltyJ



 What better way to celebrate World Down syndrome Day than with your very own Down syndrome delight?  I mean, seriously, who wouldn’t want to spend a day with this little cutie? 


Hannah was excited to celebrate.  She had no clue what we were celebrating or why, all she knew was that she was wearing an over sized t-shirt with ribbon tying up the sleeves…and she felt like a princess.

  We were so grateful to have so many supporters.  Their participation varied from thinking of us to shout-outs to wearing blue & gold or various shirts supporting Natalie!  Every year we reach more and more people, touch more lives and increase the awareness!   Even though our own personal celebration wasn’t a huge production, we still made an impact and had a fun time doing it!





No comments:

Post a Comment