Thursday, December 22, 2011

A cemetery? Really??


I am fairly certain that only our family could smile, giggle and take joyous photos this holiday season...in a cemetery.  Don’t judge.  Believe me when I tell you, those we were visiting would’ve preferred it that way and I know for a fact they are beaming with pride. 

    I know for a fact that Mommom Marna and Poppop Herb enjoyed hearing giggles and seeing smiles from these two cuties…


I know for a fact that Aunt Susie appreciated that Bear stopped for a photo op on her gravestone…


I am blessed to have known the Groh & Lauver clan while they were here on earth.  It was some of the best experiences of my life.  So to pay my respects for the kindness & warmth they shared with me over the last two decades, before they passed, I had cemetery mounds designed by someone who knew them.  Today was the day I carved out time in The Rohe Girls demanding schedule to celebrate their lives, and to let them know that we still care and miss them every single day.  I had hopes that they would feel the connection with their grandchildren (and great-niece), as they were not afforded an opportunity to meet Hannah & Natalie before passing on to the afterlife.  With the exception of Marna & Hannah, they had four precious months together. 


     Not a day goes by that I don’t forget to remind Hannah that she has Mommom Marna’s eyes & baby-fine hair, her Poppop Herb’s hair color & eye brow musculature (is it weird that I notice that?) and Aunt Susie’s love of girlie-girl style and knack for drama.  Their photos grace various frames within our home and I am proud that Hannah can identify each of them.  I intend to do the same for Natalie and I can’t wait to see which characteristics she inherits.
    I hope each and every one of you are able to live in the moment this Christmas.  Take a minute…step back…look at what you have directly in front of you…treasure it.  



No comments:

Post a Comment