Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Hooray for milestones!!


     Today was a BIG day in the Rohe household!!  We had to move Natalie’s mattress down a knotch from the infant setting {ok, I’ll admit…Ben did the crib shift!  I bathed the girls}.  She’s recently learned the proper way to go from prone into a sitting position.  Notice I said proper.  She’s notorious for using what I like to call her illegal moves.  Home girl will do a full on split, practically dislocating her hips, to get into and out of a sitting position.  She must be fairly flexible because the team at the Down syndrome Clinic, at A.I., have exclaimed “Wow, she is very flexible!”  They see children with Down syndrome ALL DAY and they are telling me that my child is flexible?!? 


   Anywoo, back to the point of my story.  We put Natalie in a halo every time she goes to bed and she is so small that she still wears a size 6 to 12 months. 



The benefit to the smaller size is that she can’t do the leg split, therefore she is (err, was) unable to get into a sitting position.  We’ve been working, HARD, on the proper way to get into and out of a sitting position; going over her hip, using her hands and arms to support her weight.  I guess it finally clicked for her and she is consistently & independently using proper techniques to get into a seated position.  That my friends, is a HUGE milestone achieved by my awesome girl, Natalie.  



2 comments:

  1. This is totally awesome!!! So glad to hear of her accomplishments!!! Love her and you! (and Hannah, of course:) )

    ReplyDelete