Saturday, June 16, 2012

Empathy, please.


 Sympathy~
fact or power of sharing the feelings of another, especially in sorrow or trouble; fellow feeling, compassion, or commiseration.

Pity~
sympathetic or kindly sorrow evoked by the suffering, distress, or misfortune of another, often leading one to give relief or aid or to show mercy

Empathy~
intellectual identification with or vicarious experiencing of the feelings, thoughts, or attitudes of another.


I don’t want sympathy.

I don’t want pity. 

I want Empathy. 
  • Try to understand what I am going through.   
  • I have embraced Natalie’s diagnosis and I have hope that you can, too. 
  • I need you to understand, I am going through a challenging time. 
  • I am busy.
  • I am overwhelmed. 
  • I often have too much on my plate. 
  • I am immersing myself in so much
  • Striving my best to make positive impacts in my families’ future and learning new and better ways to communicate with my daughters. 
  • I’m not the Peg Bundy of stay-at-home moms. 
  • I’m a pro-bono Occupational Therapy Assistant.
  • I bust my ass day-in and day-out. 
  • I ask that you have respect for me and my family and how far we have come in a little over one year. 
  • I will be the first to admit, it wasn’t easy.  
  • Understand that the road that lies ahead of us will be challenging and full of unexpected bumps and turns. 

This will never be an easy journey, but I am determined to make it as fun as possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment