Saturday, February 25, 2012

Brain Dump #2

As I explained last week, my sister uploads all the photos from her cellular device and places them on her blog.  She calls it "Phone Dump".  I have decided to take all the randomness of my life & thoughts in my head and type 'em out for anyone who cares to read about them.  Enjoy my second feature of "Brain Dump"...


Natalie has the shortest arms.  Amazingly, her reach turns into something Stretch-Armstrong-style when food on the table is not within her grasp.

A few nights ago I was getting the girls ready for tubby-time.  I asked Hannah to take her pants off and started singing my own version of ‘Pants on the Ground’.  Hannah’s Response: “Ewww.  Mommy…no.  No pants on the ground.  The ground is dirty.”  

The balloons from Natalie’s birthday party are still kinda/sorta alive and we have congregated them to one section of the living room.  One balloon in particular lost more air than the others, it’s been hanging low.  This damn balloon followed me around the house for two days, no joke!  Every time I was in the living room, dining room or kitchen, it was right next to or behind me.  It was starting to drive me mad.  Only when I went to slap it away did I realize that this balloon was a sign…it’s a heart balloon with the words “you’re so special”.  After processing for a few seconds I realized, I am special damn it!  Hahaha. 

Natalie is now laughing with purpose.  When I went into her room to get her the past two mornings I knelt down and lifted up the bumper pad to talk to her instead of my usual addressing her from the top of her crib.   When I lifted the bumper pad I said “pssttt” and when she found me, she cracked up!  I love it!

Two nights ago I had a dream that I was hiking, alone.  I came across a creek with a sandy embankment.  Three turtles, one large and two small, were making there way towards the water.  To me it symbolized Ben, Hannah & Natalie.  Here’s what it means to dream of a turtle:  

To see a turtle in your dream symbolizes wisdom, faithfulness, longevity, and loyalty. It also suggests that you need to take it slow in some situation or relationship in your life. With time and patience, you will make steady progress. Alternatively, a turtle indicates that you are sheltering yourself from the realities of life. You are putting forth a hard exterior and not letting others in. As a result, you are feeling withdrawn.



1 comment:

  1. My bear cub has short arms, too. I've started custom making her long sleeve tops instead of hemming the sleeves on her sister's hand-me-downs. She has short legs, too, but I think my long leg genes have balanced out how short they would be (at least somewhat) as some of her 2T tops she can actually wear 2T bottoms with. Most are too long though.

    ReplyDelete