Sunday, October 23, 2011

Just what I needed


Today was filled with fun, girl-y fun. It started with a 2 hr drive into PA for a baby shower. For a stay-at-home mom, 2hrs in the car WITHOUT kids is total bliss!  I was able to blare my tunes and drive fast- not recklessly, just at a faster rate than I would travel with my precious cargo in tow. I even had a perfectly executed excuse that I played out in my head, should I have been pulled over.  The baby shower was fun, I enjoy seeing all the new gizmos and gadgets that have evolved since Hannah was a baby.  I loved hanging out with friends, catching up and having adult interaction.  During the shower I missed a phone call from my friend Tracey, the one who gave me the much-needed kick in the rear to start my blog!   She’s been going through a rough patch and I had recently sent her a pick-me-up card in the mail.  The front: ‘You are the kind of friend that I can say anything to’.  Inside: ‘My butt itches.  See? Anything!’.  So when I returned her call on my ride home I was half tempted to tell her my “butt itches” when she picked up on the other end.  I’m certain that if I had, she would have responded with “yeah…well…maybe you should try washing it every once in a while! Hahaha”.  Tracey & I chatted for over an hour, about life, work, kids, chaos, finances and DD.  She was the best company for my drive home…just what I neededJ

No comments:

Post a Comment