Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Impromptu Date Night with a side of Speech Therapy

Two Friday's ago during Natalie's speech therapy session, I approached the topic of weaning Natalie off of straw sippy cups and inquired how I might go about introducing a regular cup for her to drink from.  Natalie's rockin' speech therapist was all over it!  She darted out of the room with insane enthusiasm and returned with at least 10 varieties of liquid holding apparatuses; dixie cups, nosey cups, medicine cups, tumblers and tupperware.  Sixty minutes later, Natalie and I walked out of her session with a game plan devised by her SLP & me.  The following night Ben & I had an impromptu date night with Natalie in tow.  



























                                                                         
 After an intimate dinner on Main, 
we strolled over to our local Starbucks (sidenote: I'm so in love with Starbucks, I've attempted to get my mom & sister to work there...just so I could have free drinks!  Both attempts were an epic fail.  Plan B:find a handsome barista and date him on the side;-) )  While we are placing our drink orders I notice Via Refreshers on-the-go packets in a new flavor...Valencia Orange.  I quizzed Jonathan as to which flavor Refresher he would prefer "the Orange or Lime?" he said "If you remotely like orange, I recommend going with Valencia!"   SOLD!  I added it to our order.   Sweet barista Jonathan surprised us and fixed a sample of the Valencia Orange Refresher and served them in these adorably small Starbucks sampler cups.  Soooooo, naturally I had to have Natalie practice drinking from the cute cup!!   AFTER I shared some of my sample with Natalie, barista Jonathan notified me that "the Refreshers do contain caffeine!"  I promptly informed him that I would be dropping her off when they closed and she would remain in his care until she fell asleep! 





 Needless to say, I kept the cup and I make her practice with it one meal a day...with water, NOT the via Refresher! Hahaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment